Re: Dynamic 2D ListLinePlot PlotRange

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98280] Re: [mg98228] Dynamic 2D ListLinePlot PlotRange
  • From: DrMajorBob <btreat1 at austin.rr.com>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 20:14:20 -0500 (EST)

You haven't explained tmin or tmax, but ignoring that, here's some sample
data and code to compute the minimum and maximum x values:

test = RandomInteger[{1, 10000}, {2, 50, 2}];
minMax = Through[{Min, Max}@Flatten[test, 1][[All, 1]]]

{52, 9885}

If you want the first element to be no less than tmin and the second to be
no more than tmax, you can do this:

{curmin, curmax} = {tmin, tmax} = Sort@RandomInteger[{1, 10000}, 2]
Apply @@@ Transpose@{{Max, Min}, Transpose@{{tmin, tmax}, minMax}}

{5877, 7951}