Re: release memory

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98362] Re: release memory
  • From: summer <summertan at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 02:49:49 -0400 (EDT)

The total MemoryInUse is about twice SMALLER than the memory used to store the table tbl. THAT is inconsistent.

Second, released memory may not be reported to Windows Task Manager BUT it's a fact that I ran out of RAM memory exactly when the free memory in Windows Task Manager goes to zero. So the issue is that the "released" memory that Mathematica "doesn't report to the Task Manager" is NOT used by Mathematica after all.

In practical terms I want to be able to make Mathematica re-use that memory, I don't care if it reports it or not.