Wolfram support website documents deleted

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98324] Wolfram support website documents deleted
  • From: Bob F <deepyogurt at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 02:42:57 -0400 (EDT)

It appears that Wolfram has recently redesigned the
support.wolfram.com website and a lot of my links are toast. I called
Wolfram support and they said that a lot of the older information has
been removed or consolidated, or ???.

Wow, I was really floored that so much information was just totally
removed and no longer accessible to Mathematica users who try to look
up information. Has anyone else, noticed having problems looking up
things on Wolfram's support web site? Was there any sort of
announcement that this was going to or had happened?

Gosh, disk space is so cheap these days - why would such a valuable
resource to the Mathematica user community be trashed?

Does anyone else feel badly about this? Please let Wolfram know how
you feel if you do.

-Bob