Re: complex function fitting?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98331] Re: complex function fitting?
  • From: "Ned Lieb" <okty.gy.ned at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 02:44:13 -0400 (EDT)

Just a clarification of my original question: I'm referring to a specific
issue I'm having using the NonlinearModelFit function, which fits lists of
data-points to functions of a type specified by the user (for example, say I
knew that my data fit an exponential equation (it doesn't, by the way, this
is just an example) with x as an independent variable: NonLinearModelFit
could find the constant A in the equation A*e^x that would give the function
that most closely approximated my data). My list of data is complex-valued
(with non-zero imaginary components). Mathematica returned an error message
saying I could only use real numbers. I was wondering whether there was a
way to get around this.

Thanks