escaping quote for use with a selectionplaceholder

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98434] escaping quote for use with a selectionplaceholder
  • From: meitnik <meitnik at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 05:58:57 -0400 (EDT)

I am trying to figure out how to make a typesetting action that wraps
quotes (" ") around the selection in a cell.
I cant seem to get a proper escape for quote to put around a
selectionplaceholder symbol so Mathematica can use in NoteBookApply.
btw, is there a function that puts quotes around any expression passed
to it??
Can what am wanting to do as a typesetting action doable??

thanks