MaxIterations for FindRoot called by NDSolve

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98538] MaxIterations for FindRoot called by NDSolve
  • From: David Goluskin <goluskin at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 03:46:32 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

When running NDSolve, I get this error message:

FindRoot::cvmit: Failed to converge to the requested accuracy or precision
within 100 iterations.

I wish to change MaxIterations, and I am calling this line before NDSolve,

SetOptions[FindRoot, MaxIterations -> \[Infinity]];

But, the options is not applying to FindRoot when it is called by NDSolve, I
get the same error message.  How can I change MaxIterations for FindRoot
when called my NDSolve?

Thank you,

David