Re: Been doing real-time measurements with Mathematica! (Wii Balance

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98774] Re: Been doing real-time measurements with Mathematica! (Wii Balance
  • From: ragfield <ragfield at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 04:51:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Apr 18, 2:36 am, jjmc <superfancyawes... at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems likely that Mathematica assumes some standard protocol that
> any input devices should implement.  It would be nice to know what
> that protocol is:  i.e. I'd love to see a statement Mathematica that
> will recognize any devices that implement the **** protocol.   This
> way, when I build a fancy new input device, I can ensure that
> Mathematica will recognize it.

Here are the categories of devices supported by Mathematica
(ControllerState/Maniuplate/Graphics3D) v6-v7:

Mac OS X:
* "Mac OS X Human Interface Device" (including "3Dconnexion 6 DOF
Device")
* "Mac OS X Motion Sensor Device"
* "SensAble Haptic Device" (PowerPC only)
* "MIDI Device" (v7+)

Windows:
* "Windows DirectInput Device"
* "Windows XInput Device"