Remote Kernel Connection Error

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98952] Remote Kernel Connection Error
  • From: ventutech at gmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 05:14:33 -0400 (EDT)

Hi!
I am trying to use a remote kernel, installed on a Linux machine.
I have no problem in setting up the ssh link with this machine using
the Windows Vista version of mathematica 7.0, but with the mathematica
which is installed on Linux (opensuse 11.1) I get this error (after I
specify the kernel host in "notebook kernel", and I authenticate with
the password):

The kernel REMOTEKERNEL failed to connect to the front end. (Error =
MLECONNECT). You should try running the kernel connection outside the
front end.

Any Idea how to workaround this?
Maybe I have some permission/firewall problem (actually the firewall
is unloaded)?

Thanks in advance for any input !
Davide