Re: ZigZag matrix rearrange

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99074] Re: ZigZag matrix rearrange
  • From: ADL <alberto.dilullo at tiscali.it>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 01:38:28 -0400 (EDT)

Probably you will receive several beautiful one-liners.
Anyway, my rough solution is:

plist[n_] :=Module[
  {lip, ulip},
  Table[
    lip = Rest@IntegerPartitions[i + 1, 2];
    ulip = Union@Join[lip, Reverse /@ lip];
    If[EvenQ[i], ulip, Reverse[ulip]],
        {i, 2 n - 1}
    ] /. {a_, b_} /; Max[a, b] > n :> Sequence[]
  ];

Apply[t[[##]] &, plist[8], {2}]     produces your pattern with sublist

Apply[t[[##]] &, Flatten[plist[8], 1], {1}]     produces your pattern
as a flat list

By changing the parameter n in plist you can create bigger/smaller
patterns.

ADL