Re: Copy/paste selection of a pdf on Mac

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99069] Re: Copy/paste selection of a pdf on Mac
  • From: "A. B." <functionalcoatings at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 01:37:28 -0400 (EDT)

In Apple Preview.app, Leopard (10.5), the menu View:PDf Display: has two
options, 'Media Box' and 'Crop Box'. If one selects and copies a portion of
a pdf and creates in Preview a new pdf from the clipboard, then View Crop
Box shows the selected part only while View Media Box shows the whole page.
It means that applications such as Apple Pages and Keynote (and also
TexShop) show the pasted portion of the pdf in Crop view, while Mathematica
shows the whole pasted pdf page, ie the 'Media view'.

A.B.