Re: "A very large output was generated. Here is a sample of it:"

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99112] Re: "A very large output was generated. Here is a sample of it:"
  • From: "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 01:17:30 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Cora,

Actually, I consider this to be a life saver. It is pretty easy to
generate expressions by accidinnt that will cause a few thousands of
pages to be printed in a notebook. This has happened a lot to me and
generally causes lots of problems.

If the notebooks share the same context you could assign the output to
a common global variable.

Otherwise assign it to a variable, use DumpSave in the first notebook
to save the variable and read it in in the second notebook using <<.

I would advise against switching off this 'large output' behaviour,
but if you insist you can set $OutputSizeLimit to a higher value.

Cheers -- Sjoerd