Mathematica crashes compiz

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99200] Mathematica crashes compiz
  • From: "inevercheckthisaddress at hotmail.com" <inevercheckthisaddress at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 06:40:54 -0400 (EDT)

Anyone running Mathematica on Linux with compiz?

With SuSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (Gnome 2.24 + compiz) I'm
finding that compiz crashes when I quit Mathematica 7 and when I
launch Mathematica 6.0.3. Which is irritating. Both versions seem OK
whilst they're running, though I am not a Mathematica user, just
someone who makes it available for other people to use. If it looks OK
and doesn't spew errors I consider it to be working unless someone who
actually uses it says otherwise.

thanks,

mike