Image Translations/Registrations to New Grid

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102257] Image Translations/Registrations to New Grid
  • From: Andy Anderson <aanderson at amherst.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 05:45:39 -0400 (EDT)

I want to be able to resample an image on a grid that is offset from
the image's grid by fractions of a pixel in each direction. I can
imagine two ways that Mathematica might do this, a third argument to
ImageResize that looks something like {0.2, 0.3} (but with default
value {0,0}), or a distinct function ImageTranslate or ImageRegister
(analogous to ImageRotate). In either case there would be an option to
control how this is done, e.g. the two common procedures, "bilinear
interpolation" or "cubic convolution".

After searching the documentation I don't see any such capability in
version 7's new Image manipulation functions. Am I missing a way to do
this?

-- Andy