Re: Noob Question re Setting Default Fonts

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102290] Re: Noob Question re Setting Default Fonts
  • From: Peter Breitfeld <phbrf at t-online.de>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 04:28:20 -0400 (EDT)

Andrew,

If you like, you may look at my web-site (see signature). Go to the
"Downloads" section. Near the bottom I have style files which are very
similar to each other, but differ in the mono spaced fonts. You should
move them into the directory:

$UserBaseDirectory/SystemFiles/FrontEnd/StyleSheets

(Evaluate $UserBaseDirectory in Mathematica, to see where it is on your
machine)

After a restart of Mathematica they will show up in the menu
Format/StyleSheet.

Besides the mono spaced fonts mentioned on the web-site Palatino is used
for text and Optima for messages.

If you like one of them, you might make it the default style sheet:

Open OptionsInspector switch to "global preferences" and enter the full
path to the style sheet at the setting of  "DefaultStyleDefinitions"

Peter Breitfeld, Bad Saulgau, Germany -- http://www.pBreitfeld.de