FrameTicks or LogPlot bug?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102343] FrameTicks or LogPlot bug?
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 06:30:46 -0400 (EDT)

Am I seeing what I think I'm seeing?

In a LogPlot with Frame->True, using

   FrameTicks -> {{xgrid}, {ygrid}}

with xgrid and ygrid being lists of values, gives me the xgrid values
top and the ygrid values left and right -- but I have to code

   FrameTicks -> {{{ygrid}, None}, {{xgrid}, None}}

to get the same xgrid bottom only and the same ygrid left only.

The first form is consistent with the GridlLines format, the second form
is consistent with the FrameTicks documentation.

Mathematica 7.0.1.0, MacBook 10.4.11.