Re: Package won't load after v.7 upgrade

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102356] Re: Package won't load after v.7 upgrade
  • From: Albert Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 06:33:14 -0400 (EDT)

Porscha Louise McRobbie wrote:
> Thanks for the info.
>
> However, if I place my package integExp.m in the directory below
> (which is what I'd done originally, but since it didn't work I thought
> it was wrong), I still get the errors:
>
> Needs["integExp`"]
> Needs::nocont: Context integExp` was not created when Needs was evaluated. >=
>
> ?integExp
> Information::notfound: Symbol integExp not found. >>
>
> I do see the correct directory listed with $Path.  Any other thoughts?

It's really hard to say without seeing the code and your filesystem, but
if your really see the Needs::nocont message only, I think the problem
is not that Mathematica does not find the file integExp.m, but that the
context created by BeginPackage is not the one it expects. If it does
not find the file, you should see a Get::noopen message.

So I think most probably you are now missing the Quantum-Subdirectory.
If you want to Needs["integExp`"] to work, you need
BeginPackage["integExp`"] in your file, and I guess it is
BeginPackage["Quantum`integExp`"] now. But I think creating a
subdirectory Quantum and putting integExp.m there is probably the better
way to go, just in case there are any dependencies...

hth,

albert