Re: Simple Slideshow templates?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102346] Re: [mg102253] Simple Slideshow templates?
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 06:31:20 -0400 (EDT)

I don't think you're going to be able to change the super-title
"International Mathematica User Conference 2008" that appears at the
very top of the page in those conference slide show notebooks: the
conference title is embedded directly in the graphic.

It's possible that by opening one of those conference presentation
notebooks in a text editor, you can edit it so as to get rid of the
super-title entirely.  But I don't know how to do it.

For the presentation's particular title, that you can just type over, of
course.

Meanwhile, I recommend you concentrate upon the organization and content
of the material itself rather than graphical junk to adorn the notebook.
  Perhaps select a non-default notebook stylesheet (one that includes a
SlideShow option for the Screen Environment). I'm particularly fond of
David Park's "ParkStyle6.nb", which you can find at:

   http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/Mathematica.html

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305