Re: Package won't load after v.7 upgrade

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102360] Re: Package won't load after v.7 upgrade
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 06:34:01 -0400 (EDT)

Just as a follow up on a private interchange with Porscha....  It
turns out that her integExp.m file was empty because when regenerating
it from a integExp.nb file she had accidentally not marked her Input/
Code cells as initialization cells.   With the correction all worked
fine....

--David

On Aug 5, 5:42 am, David Reiss <dre... at scientificarts.com> wrote:
> Hmmmm.  I assume that you are placing the integExp.m file in
> ToFileName[{$UserAddOnsDirectory, "Applications"}].  If so then this
> should work so long as the BeginPackage statement in integExp.m  reads
>
> BeginPackage["integExp`"]
>
> (i.e., that the context in the BeginPackage is integExp` and not
> something more complex such as MyContext`integExp`)
>
> and also so long as, for example the filename integExp.m  doesn't have
> any accidental added spaces.
>
> Have you taken a peak inside the integExp.m file to make sure that it
> isn't corrupted in any way?
>
> ...just some thoughts on what might have gone wrong...
>
> Best,
> David
>
> On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 8:19 PM, Porscha Louise McRobbie
>

> <pmcro... at umich.edu> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the info.
>
> > However, if I place my package integExp.m in the directory below (which=
 is what I'd done originally, but since it didn't work I thought it was wro=
ng), I still get the errors: