Re: Legends for Plot's (solution)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102414] Re: Legends for Plot's (solution)
  • From: Ben Shepherd <bjashepherd at mailinator.com>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 04:39:51 -0400 (EDT)

I rewrote the LineStylesFromTooltips function to work with unjoined
ListPlots as well, where just points are displayed:

LineStylesFromTooltips[plot_Graphics] :=
  Cases[plot,
   Tooltip[{s__, l_Point | l_Line}, tt_] :> Grid[{{Switch[Head@l,
        Point,
        Graphics[Flatten[{s, Point@{0, 0}}], ImageSize -> {4, 8},
         AspectRatio -> 8/4, ImagePadding -> 0],
        Line,
        Graphics[Flatten[{s, Line[{{0, 0}, {1, 0}}]}],
         ImageSize -> {24, 8}, AspectRatio -> 8/24,
         ImagePadding -> 0]], tt}}], Infinity];

Thanks very much for this - it looks loads better than the default
PlotLegend!

ben
(to reply directly, mailinator -> gmail)