Re: CUDA and Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102569] Re: [mg102551] CUDA and Mathematica
  • From: Zach Bjørnson <bjornson at mit.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 05:59:58 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

There is indeed, but it's not easy. Right now you'll have to write a
MathLink program in C using the NVIDIA CUDA SDK, which obviously
requires knowledge of C. Last I talked to R&D, Wolfram and NVIDIA are
currently working together to incorporate functions in Mathematica that
make use of CUDA/GPU processing, but that won't be here until version 8
at least.

-Zach