A Question about Combinatorica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102627] A Question about Combinatorica
  • From: Marwa Abd El-Wahaab <m.a.elwahaab at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 04:04:09 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Sir,
I have a question about having five letters like {A, B, C, D, E}. In order
to get all possibilities, we have 5! possible cases like ABCDE,
EABCD,.......etc

The number of these possibilities are 120. How and why this number becomes
 60 by dividing by 2 ?

What are 60 possibilities & how extract them from 120?

I used this function to get 120:

MinimumChangePermutations[{A,B,C,D,E}]

 What should I do after this to get 60?

Thanks too much