Re: Slide Show Environment creates discordant font sizes

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102705] Re: [mg102694] Slide Show Environment creates discordant font sizes
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 04:55:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 07:02:23 -0400 (EDT), John Browne wrote:
> Mathematica 7.0.1    Mac OS X 10.5.7 PowerPC G4
>
> I have made my own style sheet. It has worked reliably in every way I
> have used it in V6, including (from memory) making Slide Shows with it.
>
> Making a slide show with any of the inbuilt style sheets seems to
> double all the font sizes. I can cope with that feature. But when I
> try to make a slide show in V7 using my style sheet, only the input/
> output cells (and in-line symbols formatted in input style) double to
> 24 points in size. No other font sizes change in any of my private
> styles. So now I have a slide show with a very discordant mismatch.
>
> This is what I do to get the problem:
>
> File > New > Slide Show
>
> Format > Style Sheet > My style sheet
> [font sizes show as per my style sheet]
>
> Format > Screen Environment > Slide Show   or   Slide Show Palette >
> Slide Show
> [font sizes show as per my style sheet, except input/output has
> doubled to 24 pt]
>
> I don't want to change each of the inputs back to 12 point manually,
> because this change does not survive re-entering, or copy/paste.
>
> Any ideas why this is happening? Or work -arounds?
>
> Thanks
>
> John

How did you make your stylesheet?  If you just copied Default.nb, that's
definitely your problem...you froze in a bunch of v6 settings which are
less appropriate for v7.  Another possibility which would cause the
problem is that you might have created your stylesheet from scratch,
but you're inheriting from Core.nb.  The SlideShow environment has blown
up font sizes set for the input/output styles in Core.nb, but for most
of the rest of the styles in Default.nb.

In either case, the simplest solution would be to edit the first
StyleDatacell in the stylesheet so that it targets Default.nb rather
than Core.nb.  If you have trouble figuring this out, send me the
stylesheet and I'll take a look at it for you.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group