A Question about Combinatorica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102714] A Question about Combinatorica
  • From: Marwa Abd El-Wahaab <m.a.elwahaab at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 04:42:27 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Sir,

I have a question about Combinatorics.

If we have four different letters as A, B, C, D .

A text book mentions that Q(4,4)/2 = 3 different combinations. What the
meaning of Q & why division by 2 ?

How can I do this by Mathematica with combinatorica package?

I need really for your advice

Thanks too much

*Marwa Ali Abd El Wahaab*
*Teaching Assistant *