Re: Mathematica 7.0.0 running on Mac OSX Snow Leopard ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102788] Re: [mg102761] Mathematica 7.0.0 running on Mac OSX Snow Leopard ?
  • From: Paul Makepeace <paulm at paulm.com>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 06:34:53 -0400 (EDT)

On a fresh install of 10.6 I had no trouble with Mathematica 7.0.1. On
an upgrade (over 10.5.8) it's not usable and is failing internal
self-tests,

INTERNAL SELF-TEST ERROR: MacFont|c|818
Click here to find out if this problem is known, and to help improve
Mathematica by reporting it to Wolfram Research.

(Duly reported.)

Bizarrely, it has since restarting a couple of times, started working
without displaying these. So I'm not sure how worthwhile my anecdotal
story here is. Overall good news: I have two working copies, one on an
iMac, the other a v3 Macbook Pro.

Paul, looking forward to OpenCL