Problem with FramedStyle when using inside Framed[]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105562] Problem with FramedStyle when using inside Framed[]
  • From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 05:42:50 -0500 (EST)

I was having hard time getting Framed to accept a FrameStyle, then I
saw this message below from 2 years ago.

Is this still a bug in Mathematica?

"Newsgroups: comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica
From: Carl Woll <ca... at wolfram.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 09:55:45 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: [mg105562] Re: How change frame width in Framed object?

It seems that there is a bug with FrameStyle in Framed. As a
workaround,
you can use Grid instead:

Grid[{{x}}, Frame->True, FrameStyle->Directive[Red, Thick]]

Carl Woll
Wolfram Research "

Here is what I was trying to do now using version 7:

Framed[Text["foo"], FrameStyle -> Directive[Dotted]]

Which does NOT work, but the following works

Grid[{{Text["foo"]}}, Frame -> All, FrameStyle -> Directive[Dotted]]

It seems then that this bug with FrameStyle for Framed is not fixed
yet?

--Nasser