List to Expression

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg106055] List to Expression
  • From: Spell <l_sharonj at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 03:17:33 -0500 (EST)

Hellp,

I am having trouble converting a list into an "expression". For example suppose I have the following list expression.

When I evaluate the FullForm version, I get an output with List as the Head.
 List[a,List[b,List[c,d]]]

But, I would like the following output instead: a[b[c,d]], wondering how this would be accomplised.

PS:
Essentially, I have a FunctionSet with various functions in it. And would like to generate a tree of functions, from the FunctionSet. So, say I have functions from a to d in the set. Then, I can generate something like: d[a[b], c[d[a[b]]].

Thank you.