Re: FourierTransform

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96023] Re: FourierTransform
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 04:43:06 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

the Fourier transform over the interval x in (-Infinity,Infinity)
converges only for quadratic integrable functions, i.e., functions
where Integrate[Conjugate[f[x]]*f[x],{x,-Infinity,Infinity}]< Infinity

This is not the case for Cosh[x], and so no Fourier transform exist.

I always thought that one should learn this, before one start to use
a computer algebra.

Regards
   Jens