HDF5 broken in v7?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96085] HDF5 broken in v7?
  • From: Art <grenander at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 05:22:12 -0500 (EST)

I haven't been able to move from v6 to v7 as most of my HDF5 related
code no longer works. For example, the following code works in v6 but
not in v7 on Linux 32, 64-bit and mac os x intel:

file = "~/test.h5";
a = {1, 2, 3}; b = {1., 2., 3.};
Export[file, {a, b}, {"Datasets", {"/a", "/b"}}];
Import[file, {"Datasets", {"/a"}}]

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced similar things. Most of
the examples in the documentation for the new functionality related to
HDF5, which are nice additions, don't work for me. HDF5 files
generated from another commercial CAS that used to be importable in v6
is no longer in v7.

Any tips on workarounds would be great. What do you use in v7 to store
data that is portable to other programs?

Thanks.