Re: Wolfram Workbench - how to open a project?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96067] Re: Wolfram Workbench - how to open a project?
  • From: Albert Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 05:18:56 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

> I am trying to open a Wolfram Workbench project that I had saved on a
> different computer.  I can open individual files, but dragging and
> dropping existing project files into Navigator or Package Explorer
> windows doesn't do anything, and Project->Open Project menu item is
> always grayed out.  User guide was also of no help.  I'm sure it's
> something trivial, but the task of opening an existing project has so
> far stumped me.  Any hints?

I do not exactly know what you are trying to do, but most probably what
you are looking for is the ability to import an existing project into
your current workspace. For this you would have a copy of your old
workspace (or part of it) somewhere on disk and use File -> Import ->
General:Existing Projects into Workspace. This will start a wizard which
 guides you through the import. I think you should move the projects
from your current workspace before you import them.

Another hint: when you look for more detailed information on workbench
you should always remember that it is based on eclipse, so there usually
are many more sources of information when you search for eclipse than
just wolfram workbench...

hth,

albert