Re: Printing (v7)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96313] Re: Printing (v7)
  • From: Christian Chong-White <christian_chongwhite at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 05:22:13 -0500 (EST)

Hi All

I will also report extensive printing problems with version 7,
particularly with smaller than expected printed font size, scrambled
writing on the printed page, and missing characters such as headings.
I have contacted WR support and received a fairly basic reply that did
not address the extent of the issue. This is particularly true given
the scope of this discussion thread. (NB I am not criticising here
because I did not pursue the support in depth because time constraints
in the process were reducing the value of any substantial remedy. In
other words, I gave up and moved on to other solutions.)

One thing I have noticed in the process - and it is a suspicion only -
is that the nature of the current selection, e.g. selected cell,
seemed to affect the printing. I cannot confirm this is indeed a cause/
effect or just some miss-placed observation, but just raise it in case
it works for others.

Synopsis: Printing - whether hardcopy or to PDF - is flaky, flaky
stuff in my experience.

Good luck
Christian