copy/paste of exponents

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96345] copy/paste of exponents
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.com>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 06:34:18 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I think I am not the only one who has the annoying problem of copying

formulas from Thunderbird and pasting it into Mathematica. All exponents

(carets) are thereby lost. The problems comes from the fact, that

Thunderbird interprets the caret and displays superscripts.

A workaround is to use the menu: View/Message Source, where the carets

are shown.

However, it should be possible to configure Thunderbird to not interpret

carets. But I failed to find out how and would appreciate if anybody

knows it.

Daniel