Chain Matrix

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96434] Chain Matrix
  • From: Antonio Carlos Siqueira <antoniocslima71 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 03:45:57 -0500 (EST)

Hi everyone!
I have a matrix in which all the elements are function of a scalar h,
Say q[h]={{q1,q2},{q3,q4}} and what I need is to create a chain matrix
so I can obtain the dot product of several q[h]. For instance, if  h=
{h1,h2,h3}
I can create a large matrix with
m=Map[q,h]
Then I do
Dot[m[[1]],m[[2],m[[3] ]

The problem is that there are cases where the Length[h] may reach a
few hundreds and I do not want to write Dot[m[[1]], ..., m[[200]] ]
So  I have a somewhat trivial question:
 Is there any way I can do this automatically? I mean how can I create
a function to create an equivalent matrix from a chain of matrices?
I tried some solutions with thread and fold, but I did not get
anywhere, any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks

Antonio