Re: Re: Re: Log[x]//TraditionalForm

You are, of course, completely right. I have frequently experienced
the same amazement.

But in this particular case the tongue need not even be "firmly
planted in the cheek". There is only one function Log[t] given by
Integrate[1/x, {x, 1, t}, Assumptions -> Re[t] > 1 || Im[t] != 0]
All other so called  logs are just constant multiples of this unique
Log. Of course we can give each of them a separate name but this is no
different than using the notation Sin[a,x] for, say, a Sin[x]. The
statement that there is only one logarithm in "advanced calculus" does
not really need any qualification.

Andrzej Kozlowski