Re: Re: Log[]//TraditionalForm

On 16 Feb 2009, at 12:53, Albert Retey wrote:

> PS: I found that Mathematicas performance in general increases a lot
> when using the option Brain -> On for $User. I'm not sure whether the
> user installed on your system supports that option, but most users do,
> so I would give it a try.

I am not sure that this is such a good advice. This option has been
present since version 1 of Mathematica but its default setting has
always been Automatic. I believe that in the early days there was a
heated debate at Wolfram whether the default should be changed to On,
but it was disovered that the working of this option was very
dependent on user architecture and in certain cases setting it to On
could lead to unpredictable behaviour, sometimes dangerous the user,
his computer and anyone who happened to be in the vicinity. So in
order to avoid possible legal problems WRI decided keep Automatic as
the default.

Andrzej Kozlowski