Re: Using VerticalSlider controls for Manipulate

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96637] Re: [mg96615] Using VerticalSlider controls for Manipulate
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 04:22:11 -0500 (EST)

Benjamin,

Except for very simple things, I hardly use manipulate at all. In trying to
do everything, Manipulate becomes very baroque and still doesn't do
everything.

dynamic presentations that is rather easy and very general.

http://forums.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/2009/Feb/msg00409.html

Specifically, you can layout the information and controls in any manner you
want using Rows and Columns, Panes or Panels, Grids or TabViews or any other
constructs. The problem of handling the calculation of dependent dynamic
variables is also quite easy.

It is easy to make custom dynamics and I think once people try it they would
use Manipulate much less often. It is just easier to understand what is
happening.

David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/

From: brtubb at pdmusic.org [mailto:brtubb at pdmusic.org]

In reference to the Manipulate function, does anyone know how to use
row arranged variables with it, particular the VerticalSlider control
if possible. As it it the only placement alignment is either top,
bottom left or right but only in column formats, I want to use rows.
I'm using Mathematica v6.0.2.

Benjamin Tubb
www.pdmusic.org