Re: Using VerticalSlider controls for Manipulate

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96657] Re: Using VerticalSlider controls for Manipulate
  • From: brtubb at pdmusic.org
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 03:34:29 -0500 (EST)

On Feb 18, 5:00 am, Yves Klett <yves.kl... at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Benjamin,
>
> you might have a look at the earlier thread,"Custom label for a slider
> in Manipulate".
>
> While I agree with David that Manipulate is not suitable for everything,
> for those still wanting to use it there is Control[] in Version 7 that
> allows you to place Manipulate control statements flexibly, e.g. in
> grids, columns etc.
>
> Regards,
> Yves
>
> brt... at pdmusic.org schrieb:
>

> > In reference to the Manipulate function, does anyone know how to use
> > row arranged variables with it, particular the VerticalSlider control
> > if possible. As it it the only placement alignment is either top,
> > bottom left or right but only in column formats, I want to use rows.
> > I'm using Mathematica v6.0.2.
>
> > Benjamin Tubb
> >www.pdmusic.org- Hide quoted text -

Thanks. As to ver 7, I'm using ver 6.0.2 with a complimentary license
from Stephen Wolfram already (but it expires 5 Mar 09), having only
bought ver 3 previously, and can't afford to upgrade (to $2500!)
otherwise. As it is I'm trying to develop some music Demonstration
Projects on as fast a learning curve as I can, despite having two hard
drive crashes last year, and only (finally) recovering late last
month, but at least I have DSL service now <g>, and a new (mfg. 12/08)
300GB hard drive! And I'm still using a WinXP Pro PC.