Mathematica problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96706] Mathematica problem
  • From: lemar <kalogior at yahoo.gr>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 19:40:17 -0500 (EST)

Hello to everybody, i\m desperatly trying to solve the following equation using mathematica but i can't can you propose me any solution???

The problem is:
Use it to find the zero of f (x) = sin (2Ï? x) â?? 7x + 7 , stopping
when the difference between two successive guesses is less than 0.1 (That
is, 0 1 x â?? x < 0.1) Run your program using initial guesses a) 0 x = 0 , b)
0 x =1, c) 0 x = 2 and d) 0 x = 3.
We have to use the Newton-Raphson model.
I know the model but i can't program it in mathematica.
Could you please help me???

Maria