Re: Stylesheets

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96709] Re: Stylesheets
  • From: Helen Read <hpr at together.net>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 19:40:50 -0500 (EST)

Simon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've written some cascaded style sheets for some of my notes.
> If I want to distribute the notebooks to someone else I have two
> 1.  Give them my set of style sheets and have them 'install' them...
> 2.  Put the style definitions into the notebook.
>
> Now option 1 is not always so easy to explain to people.
>
> The only way I know to do option 2 is to open up the notebook as
> text... eg in a text editor and replace the term StyleDefinitions-
>> "MyStyle.nb" with StyleDefinitions->Notebook[{...}]  where the ... is
> all of the StyleData objects contained in "MyStyle.nb".
> Admittedly, this is just a simple copy-paste action,  but it seems
> rather inelegant  (and tiresome if you have to do it too often).
>
> Finally to my question:
> Is there an equivalent frontend procedure?

What I normally do is begin with a plain notebook, edit the stylesheet
as desired, and save the file. Then I just open up this file (or one
that came from a copy of it), rename it, and delete the contents and put
in the new content. This is rather inelegant as well, but it's easy.

IIRC, there used to be an "embed stylesheet" option on the menu
somewhere under Format. Not sure why they removed that.

--
Helen Read
University of Vermont