Re: Manipulating list of functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96835] Re: Manipulating list of functions
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 07:51:55 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Manipulate[
  Block[{buyprice = 100, initialinvestment, nbrshares, profit,
    totalofholding, funcList},
   initialinvestment[x_] := 100000;
   nbrshares[buyprice_] := initialinvestment[buyprice]/buyprice;
   profit[buyprice_] := (finalprice - buyprice)*nbrshares[buyprice];

   totalofholding[_] := profit + initialinvestment;
   funcList = #[x] & /@ {nbrshares, initialinvestment, profit,
      totalofholding};
   Plot[Evaluate[funcList], {x, 4, 7}, Axes -> False, Frame -> True,
    PlotRange -> {0, 650000}]], {finalprice, 16, 24, 1}]

??

or what ever the dependences initialinvestment[] are and
why you call profit[] as a function, and profit as a symbol
is still strange.

Regards
   Jens