Re: newbie: diff equation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96917] Re: newbie: diff equation
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 06:12:50 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

you  can't, because this is a eigenvalue problem and *not* a
differential equation. An eigenvalue problem has either none or
an infinite number of solutions and Mathematica gives you
the "none" solution, especial because it would take to long
to print out the infinite number of solutions.

In QM you take one of the infinite solutions and normalize it.
And you have to do it manual in Mathematica.

Regards
   Jens