Re: Aspect Ratio

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94996] Re: [mg94985] Aspect Ratio
  • From: DrMajorBob <btreat1 at austin.rr.com>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 21:51:59 -0500 (EST)

Here are two methods. The first depends on knowing precisely the structure
of the Graphics object (not likely in practice).

r1 = Graphics[Rectangle[{0, 0}, {1, 10}]];
r2 = Graphics[Rectangle[{0, 0}, {1, 2}]];

r1[[1, -1]]
r2[[1, -1]]

{1, 10}

{1, 2}

The second method doesn't have THAT flaw, but it could return coordinates
 from embedded rectangles OTHER than the one you want. (Depending on how
you derived the object in the first place.)

Cases[{r1, r2}, r_Rectangle :> Last@r, Infinity]

{{1, 10}, {1, 2}}

Bobby

DrMajorBob at longhorns.com