syntax coloring for package function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg95027] syntax coloring for package function
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 07:29:48 -0500 (EST)

Some names in the Mathematica 7 (and 6) package Combinatorica shadow
System` names. One such is Star. Hence after loading Combinatorica, when
you type, e.g.,

   Star[5]

in an input cell, the 'Star' is colored red - the red used to indicate
"Shadowing in multiple contexts".

Is there some way to avoid that, WITHOUT unchecking the "Shadowing in
multiple contexts" syntax coloring (from the Edit > Preferences dialog,
e.g.) and WITHOUT editing the Combinatorica package itself.

(I'm afraid that when my students see the red, they will be confused,
thinking that they typed the wrong thing.)
Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305