Re: Re: inverting Laplace transforms

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg95168] Re: [mg95132] Re: inverting Laplace transforms
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 18:56:23 -0500 (EST)

Yes, the InverseLaplaceTransform command is available, but when I tried

   InverseLaplaceTransform[Sqrt[s + a]/(Sqrt[s] (s - b)), s, t]

in Mathematica 7.0, after a couple of minutes it just returns the
expression unevaluated.

Note that, unlike the case with LaplaceTransform,
InverseLaplaceTransform does not seem to allow an Assumptions option.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305