How to import raw Comsol Multiphysics results into Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg95207] How to import raw Comsol Multiphysics results into Mathematica
  • From: Alexei Boulbitch <Alexei.Boulbitch at iee.lu>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 06:27:30 -0500 (EST)

Dear MathGroup members,

My question is on the boundary between COMSOL Multiphysics and
Mathematica.

I am solving some partial differential equations using COMSOL
Multiphysics. The results are represented in a form of a 3D graphs -
such as z=z(x,y) - or their 2D cross-sections - such as z=z(x,0).
I need however, not these graphs themselves, but I need them
post-processed, the post-processing being more complex that is
offered by the COMSOL. Such a post-processing on the other hand
may be easily done in Mathematica, if only I could have the COMSOL
data imported into it in a form of tables.

Now comes my question:

Could you give me a hint of how to export these data from COMSOL in a
form of  tables (say, Excel table or  .dat  file  or whatever), so that
I can then import  them into Mathematica?
Or otherwise, would it be possible to directly import COMSOL
graphics into Mathematica?
Or import such a data from the FEMLAB (the predecessor of COMSOL) into
Mathematica?

I have the 6.0 platform.

Thank you and best regards, Alexei

--
Alexei Boulbitch, Dr., Habil.
Senior Scientist

IEE S.A.
ZAE Weiergewan
11, rue Edmond Reuter
L-5326 Contern
Luxembourg

Phone: +352 2454 2566
Fax:   +352 2454 3566

Website: www.iee.lu

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or otherwise confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal from your system. Thank you for your co-operation.