Re: Manipulate, Export, .avi, forward run without the

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg95210] Re: [mg95123] Manipulate, Export, .avi, forward run without the
  • From: Alexei Boulbitch <Alexei.Boulbitch at iee.lu>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 06:28:05 -0500 (EST)

Hi, Murat,

I propose that you export Animate, rather than Manipulate. In this case you get several
options controlling your movie. In particular, I would recommend to use the following options:
AnimationRate -> M,
DisplayAllSteps -> True,
AnimationDirection ->Forward,
AnimationRunning -> True
in the operator Animate. If the animation parameter runs from 1 to K with step 1, you determine M as K/M=30.
The panel may be removed by the option Paneled->False. Mathematica does not like this option and often marks it
in red, but obeys though.
 How to remove a slider when using Animate or Manipulate - is a good question. I do not know.

	There is an alternative possibility, which I prefer. You may create a table of graphics and then directly
export it as say, avi file. In this case you may use the option "FrameRate"->P of the operator Export which
then creates a movie with P frames per second. Then you may easily calculate P to make the movie duration
equal to 30 seconds by knowing the total number of the graphs in your table.

	Just to illustrate:

 (* Begin of an example  *)

(* This is a function to show:  *)

z2[x_, y_] := (1 - 0.62*y/Power[x^2 + y^2, (4)^-1])*
   Exp[-0.15*Sqrt[x^2 + y^2]];

(* This is the definition of an image. Here v is a parameter both changing and enumerating different images  *)

image[v_] :=
  Plot3D[3*z2[x, y]*(1 - v^2)*Exp[-0.15*x*v], {x, -10, 4}, {y, -4,
    4}, PlotStyle -> {Opacity[0.9]},
   PlotRange -> {{-10, 4}, {-4, 4}, {0, 5}}, AspectRatio -> 0.8,
   ColorFunction -> "Rainbow", Mesh -> None, Boxed -> False,
   Ticks -> None, AxesLabel -> {"x", "y", "\[Eta]"},
   AxesStyle -> Directive[Large],
   ViewPoint -> {15*Sin[1.4]*Cos[-2.5 Pi/4],
     15 Sin[1.4]*Sin[-2.5 Pi/4], 15*Cos[1.4]}, ImageSize -> 500];

(* This creates a table of 40 images. Here you play with its length  *)

a3 = Table[image[v], {v, 0, 1, 0.025}];

(* This exports the table as an avi file which theoretically should play 40/3=13 seconds *)
(* Play with the FrameRate here  *)

Export["Full_path_to_your_target_folder\a3.avi", a3, "FrameRate" -> 3]

(* End of the example  *)

As the result you will get in your target folder a stay-alone
a3.avi file without any panel or slider. Just copy and try up.

Another such example has been already discussed concerning rotation of a 3D graphics.
You may find it here: http://forums.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/2008/Nov/msg00197.html

Have fun :-) , Alexei

I successfully created a movie using_

Export[=E2=80=9Cmovie.avi=E2=80=9D,data,=E2=80=9D AnimationDuration=E2=80=
=9D->30]

data is actually a Manipulate command;

data=Manipulate[GraphicsColumn[ {A[[i]],B[[i]]} ,{i,1,dim,1}]

However, I haven't figured out;
1)	showing only the forward loop of the movie in 30 sec (AnimationDuration). Export automatically creates forward and backward sequences and
2)	I don't want to include any Sliders in the movie for presentatio n purposes (like in the Hide Controls option).

Do you know which commands I should add to reach my goal in the Export or Manipulate command?
I searched the Documentation Center and MathGroupArchive but I couldn't come up with the answer.
I am currently using V6.0 although my institution has all the licenses including V7. I am waiting for a new machine to separately run V7 if it has the necessary options.
Thanks-- Murat

--
Alexei Boulbitch, Dr., Habil.
Senior Scientist

IEE S.A.
ZAE Weiergewan
11, rue Edmond Reuter
L-5326 Contern
Luxembourg

Phone: +352 2454 2566
Fax:   +352 2454 3566

Website: www.iee.lu

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or otherwise confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal from your system. Thank you for your co-operation.