Automatic Numbering in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg95242] Automatic Numbering in Mathematica
  • From: TL <latev at shaw.ca>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 06:24:05 -0500 (EST)

Is there any kind of user control over how the automatic numbering in
Mathematica works?
For example I figured out how to set a cell to have a formula auto
numbered, however I couldn't figure out how to tweak whats actually
displayed there - for instance I'd like to prepend the section number
and replace the default brackets with square ones:

default in Mathematica
(1)
(2)
etc