undefined function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg95290] undefined function
  • From: "Cetin Haftaoglu" <cetin.haftaoglu at bam.de>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 05:54:32 -0500 (EST)

Dear users,

I want to use an undefined function in an expression like:

                epp = f0 lamdap direction[sigma =96 X]

where f0, lamdap are scalar values and direction[sigma =96 X] is an undefined
function, but the result of this function is a second order tensor
(3x3-matrix).

How can I define this function?

Later I must take the elements of epp ( yp[1] = epp[[1,1]]) and follow up
with this. When I try it now I get the error-message:

Part::partd : Part specification <<1>> is longer than depth of object.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards

Cetin Haftaoglu

Arbeitsgruppe " Modellierung und Simulation in der Werkstoffmechanik"

BAM =96 Bundesanstalt f=FCr Materialforschung und -pr=FCfung
Fachgruppe V.2 =96Werkstoffmechanik

Unter den Eichen 87

D-12205 Berlin

Deutschland