Re: Moving $UserBaseDirectory makes all paclets do not working

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg95302] Re: Moving $UserBaseDirectory makes all paclets do not working
  • From: Albert Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 05:56:44 -0500 (EST)

lehin.p at gmail.com schrieb:
> Hello,
> I just have moved $UserBaseDirectory to D:\MATHEMATICA_USERBASE (by
> using the MATHEMATICA_USERBASE operating system environment variable)
> and, of course, I have copied all content of original
> $UserBaseDirectory to new location:
>
> In[1]:= $UserBaseDirectory
>
> Out[1]= "D:\\MATHEMATICA_USERBASE"
>
> But as a result all paclets does not work:
>

> In[2]:= ExampleData[{"TestImage", "Lena"}]
>
> Import::nffil: File not found during Import. >>
> Set::shape: Lists {DataPaclets`ExampleDataDump`Keys
> [TestImage],DataPaclets`ExampleDataDump`Properties[TestImage]} and
> $Failed are not the same shape. >>
> Import::nffil: File not found during Import. >>
> Set::shape: Lists {DataPaclets`ExampleDataDump`Keys
> [TestImage],DataPaclets`ExampleDataDump`Properties[TestImage]} and
> $Failed are not the same shape. >>
> Import::nffil: File not found during Import. >>
> General::stop: Further output of Import::nffil will be suppressed
> during this calculation. >>
> Set::shape: Lists {DataPaclets`ExampleDataDump`Keys
> [TestImage],DataPaclets`ExampleDataDump`Properties[TestImage]} and
> $Failed are not the same shape. >>
> General::stop: Further output of Set::shape will be suppressed during
> this calculation. >>
>

> (Mathematica takes 100% CPU for a long time)
>
> How to solve this issue?

I don't know, but my guess is that the 'cache' for the data paclets
contains references to your old location. So what I would try is to
delete everyting within the new 'Paclets' subdirectory (probably you
want to just move it to see if it works). I would expect that this
causes mathematica to download all data again when you use the
Data-functions, but to create the 'cache' with correct references.

Note: I have not tried if that really solves your problem, but think it
is worth a try. If it really should work, let us know...

hth,

albert