Mathematica and Access

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg95326] Mathematica and Access
  • From: Ignacio Plazeta <Ignacio.Plazeta at speednet.es>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 06:13:35 -0500 (EST)

Dear Friends

I have to manage an huge database in Microsoft Access format.

I'm trying to do the job using Mathematica because hard computational
work is involved, but I'm unable to find the right way using
Mathematca's help only.

Therefore, I export data from .MDB file in a TSV formatted one, precess
them, import data in .MDB file again.

No doubt, it's a repetitive, slow, tedious method; I would love
modify data (as an example, decrease by 10% prices of all books having
been hanging for more than an year) directly within Mathematica Front
End (or by means of a Kernel batch call).

Please can you suggest if it is feasible and, possibly point out a
tutorial about that ? Does anyone got a try before ?

Thanks for your attension (and apologies for my poor English !!)
Best Regard

Ignacio