Re: export to ps, transparency issue

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg95635] Re: export to ps, transparency issue
  • From: "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 05:08:05 -0500 (EST)

Hi Ruth,

Did you really use the Export function as shown here? Problem is that
the only postscript that Mathematica exports is Encapsulated
Postscript, which has a file extension eps. Since you are using ps
(which is the extension for standard postscript, unsupported by
Mathematica) Mathematica does not know what to export.

The primary problem is that Postscript level 2 does not support
transparancy, at least not as far as I know. This is the postscript
level that Mathematica exports to (with a few lvl 3 extensions).

As of PDF 1.4, transparancy is supported. Mathematica does PDF 1.5.

If you really want eps output you have to forget transparency.

Cheers -- Sjoerd